On This Day in Trinity House History – 4 April

1917

Trinity House hosts first meeting of King George’s Fund for Sailors

Trinity House Court Room

Trinity House Court Room


The first meeting of the newly-formed King George’s Fund for Sailors was held in the Court Room at Trinity House.

The King George’s Fund for Sailors (today known as Seafarers UK) was formed by a meeting of representatives of the Marine Charities, Shipowners, Merchants, etc., held at Dixon House, Lloyd’s Avenue, with Captain A W Clarke (afterwards Sir Arthur Clarke) an Elder Brother of Trinity House, in the Chair.