The Elder Brethren refit Trinity House on Water Lane for long nights in the City
Trinity House Court Minute:
“Ordered that there be a bedstead set up in the chamber next to the Warden’s room in the house in Water Lane, for the use of any of the Elder Brethren that shall have occasion to lodge in London, he providing furniture for the same.”
This entry apparently marks the date when the Elder Brethren began to use the headquarters for overnight stays when working in the City of London. The house on Water Lane (used from 1660-1796) was next to the Customs House adjacent to the Thames.